Eligibility & Requirements
Candidates for 2020 Vinnette Carroll Apprenticeship Program will have completed undergraduate coursework by January 2020 and will have had some experience artistic and/or theatre production. Candidates must be willing to commit to 15 hours per week beginning April 20, 2020 through December 21, 2020.
About the Application Process
Please read the following information carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. Applications for the Apprenticeship Program must be received by March 12, 2020.
Upon submitting, applicants will be contacted if they have been selected as a preliminary candidate for their desired position. All applicants will receive a response no later than April 13, 2020 regarding the status of their application.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Application Materials and Instructions
All applicants must submit the following documents, in the following order:
- Cover Letter
- Recent Photo
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
The cover letter should address the following:
- To which department you are applying and why (please be specific)
- State why you are a good fit for the apprentice program
- How you feel you will be benefited by the program (based on what you have read from the program materials provided on this website)
- Your long term professional goals (as much as you know them at this point)
- Any unique contribution you will bring to New Freedom Theatre
Please read this information carefully:
- The 2016 Apprenticeship will run from April 20, 2016 – August 31, 2017.
- All applications will go through a preliminary screening process to determine the final candidates. Final candidates will be asked to interview on April 15, 2016.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Resident of Philadelphia
- Have earned a baccalaureate, or have equivalent professional experience
- Be able to commit to a 6 month program
- Have a strong desire to work in one of the departments offered for the Apprenticeship and express this interest in the application
- Carefully read through the instructions and submit a completed application. In addition to completing all required fields, you will need to attach a current photo, your resume, a cover letter.
Vinnette Carroll Apprenticeship Programs Application
Please Note: Applications will be accepted through this online form ONLY, beginning March 1, 2020. Please do not submit any application materials through regular mail as they will not be reviewed. Should the New Freedom Theatre Staff require any additional materials you will be contacted.